.

.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Humility And Humanity

The other day as I was driving home from the market I saw something that made my heart full. As I waited at a red light, God led my eyes to see what He wanted me to see. There was an elderly African American woman who had crossed the street pulling a rolling basket and was struggling to get the basket up on to the curb. A shoe-less, homeless Caucasian woman, recognizing that the elderly African American woman was in danger of being hit by a car, rushed to help the elderly woman get on to the sidewalk away from oncoming traffic. What I loved about this was that in a world full of unspeakable hatred, humility and humanity still exists. The homeless woman, obviously struggling in her own life, with no prejudice whatsoever selflessly helped the vulnerable elderly woman to safety.

I urge you to open your heart so you can see with your eyes what God wants you to see. I urge you to practice silence so you can hear the messages God wants you to hear. Lessons from the Spirit come from the most unexpected places and out of the most unsuspecting circumstances.

Jacqueline Sebiane