.

.

Saturday, April 6, 2019

California Highway Patrol Sgt. Steve Licon - End Of Watch

I remember from an in-depth conversation I had with California Highway Patrol Sergeant Cathy A. Moore that one of the greatest risks to a CHP officer is being hit by oncoming traffic during a simple traffic stop. Imagine the stress of going to work each day under these circumstances in addition to the other dangers of police work. Please show your support for our law enforcement officers. We need them. We rely on them. They are human. I am not talking about the ugly contingency of rogue officers individually and collectively engaging in malfeasance. I am talking about the hard working officers who risk their lives everyday for our safety and security.  

My heart breaks for the loss of CHP Sergeant Steve Licon who died 4/6/2019 while in the line of duty.