.

.

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Samir Bannout On The Passing Of Barbarian Bros. Twin David Paul



Samir Bannout


I am saddened by the passing of one of my dear friends n training partners David Paul...Dave n I met at Gold’s gym Santa Monica in 1979, we quickly became close... friends...We trained together for several contests prep, he was very positive & extremely strong. Once, we decided to train at 2 AM for one of my contest preps...I got the keys for the Marina Athletics Club just for us...and when everyone was asleep n snoring, David n I were in a war with the weights... he pushed me way beyond the limit...we made this decision to train in late hours because I wanted to be extremely focused, I didn’t want any outside interference ...David was always there for me n our workouts weren’t your usual workout you normally see @ gyms ...our workouts were very tough, you can say they were complete insanity n torture... the last time I spoke with David was one week ago, he was in good health, we always discussed the most advanced holistic way of living healthy..he really was in fantastic health... I was shocked when I found out about his passing yesterday, I first thought it was just a silly rumor but later it was confirmed....I will miss him and his influence greatly...My condolences to his family and friends... May his soul Rest In Peace 💐