.

.

Monday, February 10, 2020

A Piece Of My Hollywood Life With Comedian John Witherspoon

World audience, I have had this incredible, unbelievable journey here in Los Angeles, California USA; a journey that most would only dream of. And much of my journey includes a personal and professional life surrounded by and involved with the rich and famous. Why is it unbelievable? It is because I am just a regular person who went to college, works and was born of immigrant parents from very humble beginnings who endured many hardships so I could have a better life. To my longtime friend Patrick Knapp (Schwarzenegger), I know your proud journey from Austria to American Citizenship because my parents had a similar journey from Costa Rica to American Citizenship by proper legal process. Despite my humble beginnings, I still found myself in Italy with Sylvester Stallone and crew for the filming of a motion picture, in deep conversations and laughter with Rock Star Tommy Lee of Motley Crue, flirting with Rock Star Gene Simmons of KISS, dancing on stage with R&B legend Eddie Levert of the O'Jays and countless other experiences you will read about one day in my upcoming autobiography. And one of my best Hollywood experiences was my friendship with actor/comedian John Witherspoon who I sadly found out while watching the Oscars last night passed away recently of a heart attack. I met John "Pops" Witherspoon years ago at the Laugh Factory in Hollywood, CA USA while I was traveling on the comedy circuit with actor/comedian Jimmy "JJ" Walker. Jimmy had gotten on my nerves that night so I told him off and as I was walking out the door of the Laugh Factory I said "I need a cab." And there was John Witherspoon waiting for the valet to bring his black Range Rover around and laughing his ass off saying "No you didn't tell that little ugly man off. Baby, I'll take you anywhere you need to go." And there began my very close friendship with John Witherspoon; the best friend of famed talk show host David Letterman. 

I will write more about my close friendship with John Witherspoon in my upcoming book. For now, rest in eternal peace "pops". I will never forget the fun and laughter you brought into my life, to your peers and to the millions of fans who watched you perform on stage, on TV and on the big screen. 

Jacqueline Sebiane

Ownership Statement: The written content of The Blog by Jacqueline Sebiane which is deemed and construed to be original is the sole and exclusive property of the author, Jacqueline Sebiane.  All right, title and interest in and to the intellectual property rights of The Blog by Jacqueline Sebiane shall vest solely in the author.  Any unauthorized use or duplication of the written content of The Blog by Jacqueline Sebiane, or any portion thereof, is expressly prohibited.