.

.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Humble Yourself Or Be Humbled


My former hunk-of-a-man, love interest El Segundo Firefighter/Paramedic (and newly promoted Engineer) Clayton Holt once wrote me a strong email about our romantic relationship when he was perplexed about my intentions with him and how I felt about him. In the Subject field of the email he wrote No Title Necessary for a dramatic flair (and oh was he dramatic) to emphasize the fact that I most certainly was aware of the status of our then relationship, how the way I was interacting with him was making him feel and his strong desire to know what I wanted out of the relationship (that he emphasized by finishing with "SO WHAT DO YOU WANT?" and yes in all caps).

In the same but not exact spirit, the bible verse Matthew 23:12 needs no explanation. There are various versions of this scripture but the powerful message is exactly the same. 

So remember... WHOEVER EXALTS HIMSELF SHALL BE HUMBLED AND WHOEVER HUMBLES HIMSELF SHALL BE EXALTED. No explanation necessary.