.

.

Sunday, July 26, 2015

What Happens In Vegas Happens By Jacqueline Sebiane

Yesterday there was a raging fire at Bamboo Pool at The Cosmopolitan hotel in Vegas that left guests of the hotel scrambling for safety and on-lookers from neighboring hotels worried. The brave firefighters of the Clark County Fire Department acted swiftly to extinguish the fire preserving public safety and averting a number of tragedies that could have occurred had the fire spread.  

I’ve been going to Las Vegas for many years and it has been a whirlwind. I have had some of the most memorable moments of my life in Vegas. I’ve met and had many relationships with men from all over the world, eaten in some of the best restaurants, luxuriated at some of the best pools and shopped my ass off. I’ve won very large amounts of money and I’ve lost bank too. I’ve fallen in love, laughed, cried, been elated, been devastated, been stressed, been pissed, been relaxed, couldn’t wait to go back and have sworn I would never go there again. I’ve been very disciplined and have made bad spur-of-the moment decisions too.

Vegas is an adult playground; a fantasy land that can be anything you want it to be. It is a place where people go to escape reality, be entertained, be pampered, relax, get wild, eat, shop and make interpersonal connections. And almost everyone there is trying to make some paper ($$$).

When I say I have seen and experienced it all in Vegas I mean it. One time I saw a man who was completely nude walking on the island of the street on Las Vegas Boulevard in broad daylight and no one flinched. Unbelievable! There is one thing I know for sure when it comes to Vegas… WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS HAPPENS contradictory to the popular mantra “what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.” There is also another saying which is more accurate… “Go to Vegas on vacation and leave on probation.” Those momentary experiences in Vegas could have consequences that have a lasting impact on your life. When people are in Vegas they think anything goes and that is simply not the case. The 24 hour gambling, the illusion that money is not an object, the illusion that time is non-existent, the free flowing alcoholic beverages, strangers willing to have a good time with you at the drop of a hat and easily accessible hotel rooms could all equal trouble. And men, beware of that good looking girl who is persistently soliciting your companionship. 

Recently while in Vegas I had a romantic interlude with a British bloke who is a race car mechanic working in the motor sport race circuit with Bill Auberlen. It was bliss while it lasted but when I got home he turned out to be lacking in moral character making me wish I’d refrained from giving him any of my precious time and attention. The bad feeling I felt when I got home overshadowed any fun I had with him while in Vegas.

The purpose of this posting is to point out that Vegas can be so amazing. Go there and have a blast. Just remember to conduct yourself with decorum and self-respect.  The people you encounter in Vegas are real people and not play objects. The money you take to Vegas is real money. Know your limits and don’t get sucked into the vortex of excess that is Vegas.


Ownership Statement: The written content of The Blog by Jacqueline Sebiane which is deemed and construed to be original is the sole and exclusive property of the author, Jacqueline Sebiane.  All right, title and interest in and to the intellectual property rights of The Blog by Jacqueline Sebiane shall vest solely in the author.  Any unauthorized use or duplication of the written content of The Blog by Jacqueline Sebiane, or any portion thereof, is expressly prohibited.